Freedom Folks

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Ghada Jamshir: Islamic Voice for Women's Rights

I bet you've never heard of Ghada Jamshir. Neither had I, until I read this post and watched the video for myself.

A Muslim woman, hounded for her “heresy” in speaking out against this issue, goes to town on this male interviewer’s ass about everything from “pleasure marriages” to female circumcision! It’s a beautiful thing to see. And she ends with a bang (so be sure to watch it all). I was cheering by the end!
I was cheering by the end too! This woman kicks ass and takes names. This woman is a shining example of why we have to do all we can to promote freedom and democracy in the Middle East.
Kit at Euphoric Reality gets the virtual hat tip for this story.

Ghada Jamshir gets my real-life, actual, honest-to-God hat tip for being my new hero. You rock!